Well this time round the set challenge was to include a circle, a triangle and a square. Any form of resist could be used as well as any type of dye or paint on the silk. Here’s the brief itself: The Third Mantangle Challenge
This time round we have 10 entries which are as diverse as they were in the first two rounds. Such a joy to see how everyone comes and interprets the challenge in a different way. And I might add that I had my hands all tied up in lots of other things and had to bow out at the last moment but it really is a pleasure to be able to share everyone else’s work.
So here they are:
(1) Agnes Szikszai – www.silksai.net
(2) Anderson Moore – www.anglersnirvana.com/armoore
(3) Andrea Hajdu -www.selyemmandala.hu
(4) Herman van Roey – www.hervaro.be
(5) Mariel Trill Guillot – www.tallerdemosaico.com.ar
(6) Mary Ann Holley – Heaven on Earth Silk Facebook Page
(7) Phylis Barfoot -Phylis Barfoot Facebook Page
(8) Ron Gutman -rongutmanstudio.com
” I drew a few doodles for this challenge but when I picked up my triangle and began playing with it…this design began to develop. It started off with more of a pseudo Egyptian/Extraterrestrial kinda’ feel but then evolved and changed into this more pop/deco look.”
(9) Sandy Hopper -www.grasshoppersilk.com
(10) Szokene Kelenyi Krisztina – www.silkdance4you.com
(11) Judy Szabo – www.facebook.com/JudithSzabosSilkCreations
Please note: all copyright remains with the artists who created each piece. These images are not intended for the public domain and cannot be used in any way without the artists’ permission. Thank you for your understanding.